Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
I have 3 Surfaces. One a Surface Pro 7 i5/128gb/8gb and two Surface Books i5/128/8gb which I want to sell towards a Surface Laptop Studio. I would prefer to sell them in a bundle to make things easier. What do you think a good asking price would be. One of the Surface Books has Microsoft complete extended warranty until 2025 and the Surface Pro 7 has extended warranty until April of this year. All are in perfect condition, and I have attached the battery life in the photo. Much Appreciated!

Attachments

• Surface details for sale.png
    Surface details for sale.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 85

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I would prefer to sell them in a bundle to make things easier.
I can't offer any pricing advice other then go to ebay and see who much they're selling for. My only other piece of advise is to sell them individually - you're highly unlikely to find a buyer in the market for three laptops

Reactions: Technerd108

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
A bundle sake will be a hard sell. You would have to sell them for less than market value like giving one of the three for free before you would probably get a buyer.

Pricing depends on age, specs and condition. A good rule is start at 40% less than you paid or what they currently sell for. But that rule depends a lot on condition and age.

If it is not a 9th gen surface pro or laptop 5 they are all heavily discounted new. So I would suggest checking a website called Swappa and first do a search for what you want to sell as if you are a buyer and see how much they are selling for and condition. Then you can price yours accordingly. You will have to list each one separately. Bundle sales make the asking price higher and people don't want to do that plus they have increased risk.

I know you said you have warranty but that won't get you more money but it might make people more comfortable to buy.

If your selling something over 2 years old you will be lucky to get 40% of purchase price.

Generally speaking used electronics have a terrible resale value. Apple products fair better but PC's unless relatively new and really great specs generally don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.