Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pennybrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Hello, I have a MacBook Pro which I use for audio (pro tools)visual (photoshop) editing. I'd like to get hold of a book/manual to help educate me about this machine so I can run it at optimum speed.
Qs: How often do I need to clean out the HD, defragment, etc. Do folk regularly get their computers serviced....is there any programme/ software that I should be running regularly.... I'm no technician and really need a guide as to how I should look after my laptop does anybody have any recommended reads which aren't too technical? I'd appreciate some words of advice/wisdom,
many thanks
Penny

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
Hmm... macs are pretty easy. Just Download OnxY mac maintenance software and run it when you need to. If you ever run into a problem go to the genius bar. Wait for more replies cause mine does not help much! LOL

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Just Download OnxY mac maintenance software and run it when you need to.
I wouldn't even recommend this. Just don't install tons of junk on your Mac and it will continue to run fine for a long time without any maintenance on your part. Don't try to fix what isn't broken, ya know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.