Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A Mike A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
I have a 6S 4 years I love it, has new battery 1year ago,however that’s running down a little quick now. Would value feedback; shd I stick and wait , go for an 8 or a refurb X, that’s about my budget limit and I’m not into “big” phones

thanks

wmdunn

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have a 6S 4 years I love it, has new battery 1year ago,however that’s running down a little quick now. Would value feedback; shd I stick and wait , go for an 8 or a refurb X, that’s about my budget limit and I’m not into “big” phones

thanks

Mike ... if you can wait until March, there will be a new budget model the size of the iphone 8. It will have the newest processor (A13), 3 gigs of ram, and sell for around $400. If you can't wait, the iphone 8 and iphone X are great options that should be supported with updates for the next 2-3 years. Apple certified refurbs are as good as new.

Janeilfen

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2018
I had the same issues with the battery on a 6S, which are detailed in another thread. I ended up getting a 64Gb 11 and it is good, except for the physical size. hopefully I will get used to it. Four years in a lot of peoples eyes makes our phones old. But if it works for you, why should you have to replace it. These things aren't cheap! I don't know where you are but in Europe there is the protection of a 6 year consumer warranty on any product.

wmdunn mentions the up-coming smaller phones. This is mentioned all over various web forums. Where does this information come from. Aren't Apple notoriously secretive about what they will bring out?

Reactions: A Mike A

arfbsantoso

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2019
Mike ... if you can wait until March, there will be a new budget model the size of the iphone 8. It will have the newest processor (A13), 3 gigs of ram, and sell for around $400. If you can't wait, the iphone 8 and iphone X are great options that should be supported with updates for the next 2-3 years. Apple certified refurbs are as good as new.
Totally agree!
Mine, 8 non plus and waiting for SE2 next year.

Reactions: A Mike A

A Mike A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
I had the same issues with the battery on a 6S, which are detailed in another thread. I ended up getting a 64Gb 11 and it is good, except for the physical size. hopefully I will get used to it. Four years in a lot of peoples eyes makes our phones old. But if it works for you, why should you have to replace it. These things aren't cheap! I don't know where you are but in Europe there is the protection of a 6 year consumer warranty on any product.

wmdunn mentions the up-coming smaller phones. This is mentioned all over various web forums. Where does this information come from. Aren't Apple notoriously secretive about what they will bring out?
Yes lots of talk about the super new SE amazing phone at v cheap price I may hold on and see...

Reactions: arfbsantoso
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.