Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watercool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
England
Ok, so I'm a newbie and need help with settings when making an animation.

I've imported my .ai files into AE and animated but when I export these if I view fullscreen in QT the animation looks blurry and not sharp.

On the AE composition viewer screen at 100% it looks fine, 200% is pixelated.

I created my 'scene' (characters) in Illustrator using NTSC DV Widescreen, which I wish I hadn't. Is there any way of saving this animation so I don't have to re-import and do all the keyframes again?

Any help much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.40.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.40.00.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 273

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Ok, so I'm a newbie and need help with settings when making an animation.

I've imported my .ai files into AE and animated but when I export these if I view fullscreen in QT the animation looks blurry and not sharp.

On the AE composition viewer screen at 100% it looks fine, 200% is pixelated.

I created my 'scene' (characters) in Illustrator using NTSC DV Widescreen, which I wish I hadn't. Is there any way of saving this animation so I don't have to re-import and do all the keyframes again?

Any help much appreciated!

Illustrator files should be vector an scale as large as you need without any loss of quality. Hard to tell from just the screen grab, but there are a couple things that could be causing that.

When scaling the vector images make sure to check the continuously rasterize button (see attached).

If you dont see the switch, click the "Toggle Switches/Modes" button at the bottom of you comp window.

The other issue that I've run into, if you are not set to scale 100% and full quality, then send to Media Encoder to render (which I use a lot so I can keep working on other projects), Media Encoder will render at the selected quality settings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 11.35.05 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
Reactions: Jack Burton

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
When scaling the vector images make sure to check the continuously rasterize button (see attached).

If you dont see the switch, click the "Toggle Switches/Modes" button at the bottom of you comp window.
I'd be willing to bet that's the issue, caused me a bunch of headaches till I finally found that switch :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.