Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAffinity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All,

We've just launched Affinity Photo 1.5 which is now available on the Mac App Store. It's a very big update including HDR merge, macros, batch processing, focus merge, and loads more. The update is free to existing users, new customers can get 20% off for the next couple of weeks.

More info here: https://affinity.serif.com/photo/new-features/

Thanks,
Ash

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I like what I see in Photo and Designer, but in order for it to make sense for me (and I suspect a lot of other designers) we need an InDesign replacement to complete "The Big Three" suite. Any news on Affinity Publisher yet? Beta coming soon? Is it even (still) being worked on?

MacAffinity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
Yes, it's still being worked on. In fact many things we have released as updates to Designer and Photo this year are also in preparation for Publisher - as you may know all three apps share the same back end (and of course the same file format). An example is the Symbols feature we just released for Designer 1.5 will also be the basis of our master page feature in Publisher. Overall it is taking a bit more time than we had originally hoped, and I can't be more specific at the moment than to say we will be launching it next year...

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Overall it is taking a bit more time than we had originally hoped, and I can't be more specific at the moment than to say we will be launching it next year...

Well it's great news just to hear that it's still being worked on, and that the plan is for next year. I am sooooo looking forward to trying it out, because while I love using Adobe's software, it's gotten slow and buggy over the years (all the apps) and the forced pricing structure of Creative Cloud is just a bit much for me to not look at alternatives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.