Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
Does anyone know of an affordable Wi-Fi analog wall clock? I am looking for one that will tune into an NTP server through TCP/IP connection and set the time accordingly. I would like it to have a very classic analog face, maybe like those on Swiss or German train stations.

I have thought of what it would take to make one myself, with a Raspberry Pi for brains, but what seems to be the sticking point is to have a way for the clock to home its hands in the 12 o’clock position, at lease with a certain minimum precision.

The Amazon Echo Wall Clock looks good, but requires an Echo device (?) to function. Plus it doesn’t have a cover glass. The price is right, though. I have always thought that IKEA should come out with something like that.

Last edited:

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
You might check out Amazon (Search La Crosse Self Set Analog)

They're not WiFi, but they do use OTA time signals like some digital clocks. I have an old digital in the bedroom that projects time on the ceiling, and it's to-the-second accurate - gets its time OTA and even auto-adjusts for DST.

Note: I'm not endorsing that brand - there are others that also pop up with that search that might be more reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.