Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
I had 45+ accessories.....lights, blinds, thermostats, door locks, all gone. I do NOT want to have to manually add all of them back. I believe this happened when I upgraded to 12.4. Any ideas??

TIA!

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
12.4 has installed without Homekit issues for me.
Do you have access to a Mac where you can use the Home app to check if the Homekit data is still available? If it is then there might be a problem with your iCloud sign-in on your iOS device.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
12.4 has installed without Homekit issues for me.
Do you have access to a Mac where you can use the Home app to check if the Homekit data is still available? If it is then there might be a problem with your iCloud sign-in on your iOS device.

Thanks, but the Home app on the iMac was empty as well. I even tried signing out of iCloud on my mobile devices, but that didnt work either. Oh well.... I already reprogrammed almost everything, but what an weird thing to happen!

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
It looks like there is a need for an archiving function in the Home app to save settings - similar to the Calendar archiving function in macOS. We should give feedback to Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.