Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macTW

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Hi! I'm a day after my 14-day return period with an iPhone 7 jet black, but really want the matte black. I'm on a two year contract with Verizon (yes yes buy outright or IUP, etc) but used my line upgrade on the JB phone. Is there any way to get Verizon to allow me to upgrade again? I called them and they said no, but I didn't cite any defects (beeping picked up in videos when I record) or anything. Verizon said if Apple was willing to swap them out for any reason, and apple didn't need to use a line upgrade, that they didn't mind. Thoughts on what to do?

*first time thread starter, recent poster but long time reader*

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Answer is obvious. Take it to an Apple store and see if they'll swap it out for a Matte Black. If not, enjoy your Jet Black phone. ;)

macTW

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Thank you :) yea, it definitely isn't the end of the world, owning a jb phone.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
They won't. Apple won't swap the phone because you did not buy it there and Verizon does not return phones after the 14 day period. The only thing you can do is sell your phone and then buy the color you like outright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.