Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
So I noticed Notes were syncing instantly again so I tried again to upgrade Home and it worked in less than 10 seconds. Must have been issues with the servers.

hkeely

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Same problem with another home member not being able to have access to the home. Re-logged them into the Apple TVs. They show up on the list of residents in the home app, then disappear, then reappear, then disappear again. But the home accessories never show up on their phone. I've restarted their phone and reset the network settings.

svenk

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2005
Sydney
My set up is still saying "Cannot complete Update" "There are no available HomePod updates" even though every single thing I own is now updated

You will need to remove any unused “Home” configurations in the Homes list on the device you are attempting to “upgrade” from then it will proceed to the next screen that will list all of the physical “Home” devices and tell you which ones have not been updated and give you the option to ignore these devices and apply the upgrade.

It then takes a few minutes.

:cool:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Was waiting for this update to nuke my network and HomeKit and start from scratch.

Do you’s recommend first factory resetting all my devices (HomePods, AppleTVs, etc) and then updating to 16.2 and new architecture or update to 16.2 then factory resets?

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Worked fine here. When I got home a my HomePods were already on 16.2 so I just hit that upgrade architecture card in home. Thus far I can’t say I notice any difference… if anything I’ve already noticed a few bugs… I just hope my front lights come on
Instantly when I pull in my driveway like they always did before iOS16…

Reactions: splifingate

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Glad I saw this thread. So should I stay away from 16.2 entirely or is it safe to update to 16.2 and not do the Home update?

Reactions: splifingate

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Once the servers started working the update went by pretty quickly, unfortunately doing so removed adaptive lighting from my Hue lights.

I tried removing and re-adding the hub a few times with no luck. Finally I removed the hub, unplugged my 2 HomePod minis and rebooted my Apple TV. I then added the Hue bridge back and was able to enable adaptive lighting again on my lights.

On a side note, I found that when all my Home hubs were offline, the Home app on my iPad and iPhone wouldn’t work. That meshes with what I read that the upgrade sends all requests through the Home hub, even when on your home network. It doesn’t seem any faster to me.

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
The migration wasn’t as smooth as expected. I’m the admin but other members have to accept the home invitation again.

Small issue but definitely worth it if this update will actually improve the performance.

Reactions: dustin_

jdelaune

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Same problem with another home member not being able to have access to the home. Re-logged them into the Apple TVs. They show up on the list of residents in the home app, then disappear, then reappear, then disappear again. But the home accessories never show up on their phone. I've restarted their phone and reset the network settings.
Same. Very annoying.

Pimmp

macrumors regular
May 13, 2018
Have an MBP `15 halted on Maverick and an old iPad. It´s not fully clear to me how to sign out and leave home ahead of the homekit upgrade. Is it enough on the MBP to just toggle the icloud setting?
On the iPad, does remove home only mean locally on that device?
Both devices belongs to my partner and I do not want to go another invite to home round again.

aries81

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2021
My problem is that I can access my HomeKit devices from my iPhone just fine, they show up as „not responding“ on the mac app however.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I keep getting the same message when I try to set up my HomePods. I am signed in to my other devices but I don't get a verification code. Anyone see this before? The HomePod minis have all been reset and still on 16.1.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.PNG
    IMG_0065.PNG
    552.3 KB · Views: 74

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I’ve already reset all HomePods at home but I still couldn’t upgrade the architecture. The Home app still thinks that my HomePods have to be updated and tries to update them, but obviously no newer software can be found since they are all already on 16.2.

Jonnoy

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
UK
Had to remove all of my HomePods to get the architecture update going, let's hope it's worth the effort!

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
I´ve just realized that Apple also released IOS 15.7.2 yesterday.

I havent been able to upgrade to the new home app architecture yet because two family members in my home are still using Iphone 7 (and they control accessories, use personal requests and so on).

I was wondering... after the upgrade to 15.7.2 they will be able to see/join a home with the new architecture? (probably not, but...).

The remaining devices in my house are already updated to 16.2/13.1

Thank you in advance.

nkgmd

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2004
I was able to update all my old and new HomePods, in both of the Homes on my account and then run the update. It warned me that my girlfriend who is also a resident on my Home would not be able to use HomeKit if I ran the update. So I had her update her iPhone to 16.2, and Apple Watch, and then I removed her old devices from her iCloud account. Then I ran the update and poof, she dropped off the Home, and I can't add her back on. I send her invitations, which she receives and accepts, but then she never is able to view the Home or its devices and she drops off my list of users within seconds. Her Home app just keeps adding a new blank Home and there are no settings for updating anything because there are no devices or hubs on it. Not sure what I did wrong, can't fix it no matter what I try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hkeely

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
I was able to update all my old and new HomePods, in both of the Homes on my account and then run the update. It warned me that my girlfriend who is also a resident on my Home would not be able to use HomeKit if I ran the update. So I had her update her iPhone to 16.2, and Apple Watch, and then I removed her old devices from her iCloud account. Then I ran the update and poof, she dropped off the Home, and I can't add her back on. I send her invitations, which she receives and accepts, but then she never is able to view the Home or its devices and she drops off my list of users within seconds. Her Home app just keeps adding a new blank Home and there are no settings for updating anything because there are no devices or hubs on it. Not sure what I did wrong, can't fix it no matter what I try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Yep. Same issue here.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Glad I saw this thread. So should I stay away from 16.2 entirely or is it safe to update to 16.2 and not do the Home update?
The latter.

Also, unless you can update all your devices, do NOT do the new iCloud encryption thing and do NOT do the new Notes passcode thing. I've ignored all three and there's no hassle, nor prompts, nor badges that need ignoring, so it's easy to skip those new features.

• Love
Reactions: zapmymac and B/D

nkgmd

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2004
Yep. Same issue here.
I saw 2 other posts with the same issue in this thread, no solutions though. Apple's support site has nothing at all. Only difference is her iCloud account is set up a little different, she uses a Yahoo email address, but I can't find any other difference in our settings. Both using iPhone 14 and Apple Watch 8.

Reactions: sterumbelow

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
You're all so very brave lol - I'm just going to wait, I think. Maybe after the Holidays...

zapmymac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2016
SoCal ☀️
Updating went fine, the process stalled for a minute or so. Manual rebooted just to be sure, and 10 minutes later it was all good. As noted, you’ll have to re-invite members…

I did wipe n restore my OG Homepods though ( also de-stereo pair them )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.