Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Was on a call I made when kept hearing dialing tones. Happened twice to same caller. Neither of us had incoming call. The other person asked if I was on dialing pad. I was. We were cut off, but I think she was suggesting I hit "Hide" to solve the problem. Does this make sense? Thank you

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Thank you for responding. I realize tapping Hide doesn't disconnect the call. I think what other person was suggesting that having the dial pad on screen was somehow causing dialing tones

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I suppose if you're touching your cheek to the keyboard it may dial. I don't hold my phone against my face when holding it to my ear. Other times I'm using Airpod's or the speaker..

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
I suppose if you're touching your cheek to the keyboard it may dial. I don't hold my phone against my face when holding it to my ear. Other times I'm using Airpod's or the speaker..
Never hold it to my face. Hold the phone in front of me. But thanks for responding.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Can also swipe up/home button when on call to minimize the Phone app as well. Won't disconnect the call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.