Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VTGuy79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
Phone is connected to car via Bluetooth (not carplay), I add a reminder or stop directions and once siri stops talking, music plays, even though I never had Music open.

How do I STOP this? It's very irritating.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS17 although this happened on iOS16 as well.

Theozz

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2015
France
Do you increase the volume while Siri is talking ? I know I do when it's talking to me and it launches music afterwards :)

SeñorNewton

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2020
USA
Phone is connected to car via Bluetooth (not carplay), I add a reminder or stop directions and once siri stops talking, music plays, even though I never had Music open.

How do I STOP this? It's very irritating.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS17 although this happened on iOS16 as well.

For me, ymmv…

This was something to do with the Bluetooth profiles that were connected to the car as both hands-free and audio (for music). This was in a Toyota, where I had all of the problems, but not in a Chevy or Dodge.

Only the Toyota would connect to the phone as hands free separate from audio devices playback. I could never really figure it out.

If I had any audio playing recently (not playing while I invoked Siri), whether from Spotify, Music, or anywhere else, it would resume as soon as I finished a Siri interaction. I would have to go force quit that app for not to happen again. The exception to this was Music. I ended up having to uninstall it.

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
I have to test it more but this might have been fixed in the new OS. I use carplay with a dongle to autoconnect when I get into the car (Ford cmax). Whatever I was playing last on the phone automatically starts up about 15 seconds after my car starts. That might have stopped because I had to start my podcast myself when I got into the car this morning. It did resume the one I was playing when I turned the car off. I hope that made sense. If I had no sound on when I turn off the car I do not want it to start automatically.

I also want to figure out how to tell podcast NOT to repeat after I have heard them once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.