Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
elisha cuthbert said:
why dont you just get those funky little palm rests and put them on
or as was on appledefects.com a while ago rip off a layer of plastic

Because the repair is free and hopefully the problem won't recur. ;)

I've backed up all my delicates on an external before taking the machine in. Now I just have to live a week in PC-land.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
gloss said:
Because the repair is free and hopefully the problem won't recur. ;)

I've backed up all my delicates on an external before taking the machine in. Now I just have to live a week in PC-land.
ohh thats right, sorry i had a mental blank and forgot about repairs
its been a long day

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
you should just ask them to order the new palmrest and then bring in the MB when it comes in, so you're only without it for a day, not a week. That's what I did with my MB. There's no reason to give them the MB for a week when the repair takes 20 minutes.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
QCassidy352 said:
you should just ask them to order the new palmrest and then bring in the MB when it comes in, so you're only without it for a day, not a week. That's what I did with my MB. There's no reason to give them the MB for a week when the repair takes 20 minutes.

It's definitely a thought. The Applecare chica told me that they'd have to replace the entire outer casing, and I just took her at her word. I think I like your way better.

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
Can they do these repairs in store? Mine has gone through the same problem... its faint so i am actually trying to to use it more and stainit more so when i go get it replaced they dont give me a hassle haha

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
Star Destroyer said:
Can they do these repairs in store? Mine has gone through the same problem... its faint so i am actually trying to to use it more and stainit more so when i go get it replaced they dont give me a hassle haha
I believe it's covered under warranty. Faulty plastics.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Star Destroyer said:

Someone mentioned (right above you, actually) that if you tell Apple to order the casing for you, then bring the MB in when the casing arrives so the computer isn't gone for a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.