Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
very weird. i have an Osaio smart plug that has worked for a long time through my couple of google home minis. well one is google home mini and one is nest home mini but they both work fine.

i know that sounds really lazy having it with my iron, but its more to do with knowing that if im halfway to work and think god did i turn the iron off, then i can check.

so google home app happily adds Osaio, and then it can see my socket, named Iron. and i happily say 'hey google turn on iron' and she says 'turning iron on' and i hear the click and see the red light. and when im finished i say 'hey google turn off iron' and i am sure you can guess the rest.

a week or so ago, it just stopped working, google telling me something about not being able to do that, cant remember the wording. so i removed the device from google and re added it.

and now....

telling google to turn it off works fine. going into google and clicking it on and off works fine. telling google to turn on iron, she flashes to says shes listened to something, but nothng happens. she doesnt say anything, no 'sorry i cant..' just nothing. like she's in a huff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.