Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minimum91

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Riga, Latvia
I am running a MP5,1 with upgraded everything, 64GB RAM, 2TB NVMe SSD, 12-core 3,46GHz Xeon. It's running latest macOS Mojave with OpenCore 0.7.9. Recently I upgraded the Wi-Fi Bluetooth card to 4.0 for Airdrop and Continuity features I really need for work right now and subsequently I've started seeing a strange issue where the machine often wakes from sleep when I unlock my iPhone 13 mini! At first I though it was either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi causing this and so via software called "Power Scheduler" I run scripts to turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth as well as all sharing services except SSH when the machine goes to sleep and turn them back on when it wakes. This technique prevents from most random sleep/wake issues I've head with this machine throughout the years and yet retains the function that I can wake my machine from afar for when I need something that's stored on one of the many built in drives. What trouble shooting can I try?

P.S. Shutting down is not an option, since my work requires tons of open windows and tabs in browsers and loading them up each time is too time consuming.

1651253628948.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.