Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
pretty slick performance for a beta!

I’ve seen the worst of the worst betas (iOS 7 I’m looking at you). I was expecting the worst. I’m very impressed. But beta 2 always breaks more than it fixes.

Looks like Apple truly is putting focus on performance with iOS 12, which is refreshing.

Way too early to comment. There’s not many UI changes so I wasn’t expecting it to be crazy to begin with but give it some time and a few more beta versions.

Mrjynx

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Toronto
I am also very impressed w/performance and the battery! Updated yesterday afternoon, unplugged phone at 730am this morning and it's now 4pm. Have not changed how i use it (email, random views, phone calls, streaming music +bluetooth) and my Iphone 8 is sitting at 76% battery life which is shocking to me.

but as few other have mentioned, it's very early still in the beta process, likely bumps in the road over next few months!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It's shockingly good for a Beta 1. Hell, if this is on Beta 1 out of 7 or 8 Betas, then iOS 12 in the Fall will be really stable.

RiderX

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Installed iOS 12 on my old iPad Mini 2. Which is basically an iPhone 5S with a big screen.

Quite fast, I’m impressed. The old lady gets a new life, quite usable unless you do heavy graphic stuff. Looking forward to the coming releases.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Sounds like it will be a nice upgrade in September without having to worry too much about installing it immediately on my important devices. In the past I was more willing to install beta software, and maybe if there were big iPad changes like last year I would do it, but for now it's not worth it. I should try to find an older device on Craigslist or something that I can play around with.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I just can’t wait for beta 2 to literally come crashing down upon our parade.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Indeed it’s amazing. Few crashes and bugs from it being a beta obviously, but still very stable for a beta.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
I installed the first beta on my iPad and it was performing great. When the second beta was released, I decided to install it on my iPhone X as well. There are some issues, but it's great for a second beta. I've had used betas of iOS 7 to iOS 11 and all of they were much worse than the first two iOS 12 betas.

How is it on X?
It's okay for a second beta. Performance and battery wise it's okay, the stability isn't great tho, as some apps crash from time to time.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
I can't complain about it. It's been very good! The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes I don't receive notifications, and a restart fixes that.

How does the beta run on iphone 6s? Are there improvements overall? And an important (for me) question, is the UI smooth without lags and stutters?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.