Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Apple is doing some strange things so far in iOS 10, by making things hard to find . Another example is the music controller. Bring up Control Center and there is basically no indication (the little dots are hard to see since they are not in the CC box) that swiping left will show you the music controller. Also, so much swiping to get to things. Add in the inconsistent way of getting to widgets, and I really don't like what I'm seeing so far in this regard.

Still100

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
Yeh, thats where you have to swipe down for NC and then to the right to access the left pane. Only a dot at the bottom of the NC hints that there is a left pane.

Ah I see! That's not too bad then. I take it, it's like ios9 where it'll show you the last view (widgets or notifications) you looked at last time when you pull down again to see the notification centre. That way people can see what they prefer as default.

Reactions: drewh

drewh

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2014
Ah I see! That's not too bad then. I take it, it's like ios9 where it'll show you the last view (widgets or notifications) you looked at last time when you pull down again to see the notification centre. That way people can see what they prefer as default.

Unfortunately it doesn't! No matter what it shows the missed notifications when you swipe down, even if you swiped right for the left widgets column when in an app.

I wonder if alot of these design choices are Apple trying to bring some of the Watch look back to the iPhone (sort of like the Back to the Mac idea of iPhone ideas to OS X/macOS)? Clock app for example - I don't use an Apple Watch but it reminds me alot of that style (and its hideous at present with the all black and gigantic numbers!). Not so sure all this UI change was needed... widgets had been ironed out reasonably well.

Reactions: Still100

Still100

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
Unfortunately it doesn't! No matter what it shows the missed notifications when you swipe down, even if you swiped right for the left widgets column when in an app.

I wonder if alot of these design choices are Apple trying to bring some of the Watch look back to the iPhone (sort of like the Back to the Mac idea of iPhone ideas to OS X/macOS)? Clock app for example - I don't use an Apple Watch but it reminds me alot of that style (and its hideous at present with the all black and gigantic numbers!). Not so sure all this UI change was needed... widgets had been ironed out reasonably well.

Yeah seems like a step backwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.