Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronOcean

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
California
So I've been playing Age of Empires III on my MacBook and it has been running like water....but I want to increase the graphics. When I go into the game options and try to alter the graphics, it only has one option, the lowest specs. Does anyone know how I can choose better performance?

Also, is there a way to make the game run in widescreen vs. it's regular visuals? The black bars on the sides dont bother me really, it would be nice for them to be gone though.

Thanks!

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
So I've been playing Age of Empires III on my MacBook and it has been running like water....but I want to increase the graphics. When I go into the game options and try to alter the graphics, it only has one option, the lowest specs. Does anyone know how I can choose better performance?

Also, is there a way to make the game run in widescreen vs. it's regular visuals? The black bars on the sides dont bother me really, it would be nice for them to be gone though.

Thanks!

Is this the OS X or Windows version?

I have no problems with changing the res under bootcamp on the Windows version.

Cheers,

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland

Thanks!

you can change it to wide screen i did so but like me you have a GMA 950 and age of empires locks you out form the settings your card cant do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.