Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simon5413

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2022
I have a 5,1 (converted from 4,1) MacPro that for three years has been successfully using a generic SATA host card for extra storage. In December I experienced a variety of weird failures across my various systems (hard drive dead here, UPS dead there), and around that same time this host card stopped recognizing any attached drives. I'm at the point now where I think the driver itself might have been corrupted some how and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to reinstall the specific driver it uses (which is built-in to OSX). The card is still seen in the system report as there and has the driver installed.

Troubleshooting I've done that hasn't changed the situation:

Swapped PCI slots
Bought a new host card (and tried in different PCI slots)
Bought a new SATA enclosure
Tried a third enclosure
Tried different SATA cables (on all enclosures)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or know how to reinstall the AHCI controller?

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2019
uk
t have a problem with Asmedia 106x SATA Controller AHCI Mode on Windows .
I have a 5,1 (converted from 4,1) MacPro that for three years has been successfully using a generic SATA host card for extra storage. In December I experienced a variety of weird failures across my various systems (hard drive dead here, UPS dead there), and around that same time this host card stopped recognizing any attached drives. I'm at the point now where I think the driver itself might have been corrupted some how and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to reinstall the specific driver it uses (which is built-in to OSX). The card is still seen in the system report as there and has the driver installed.

Troubleshooting I've done that hasn't changed the situation:

Swapped PCI slots
Bought a new host card (and tried in different PCI slots)
Bought a new SATA enclosure
Tried a third enclosure
Tried different SATA cables (on all enclosures)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or know how to reinstall the AHCI controller?
I have a simular problem as you
Straight in to the message innsert one 437
Asmedia 106x SATA Controller AHCI Mode
S.M.A.R.T. supported
Using PCIe Gen 2 x2
Can't find any device ?
press F12 i can only 438 no other sruff
I have tried uninstalling it but it still shows
USB SCIS UAS MASS Stirage Device
How can i get rid of that message ,and just boot as normal?.I understand a lot of people have the same problem.This is on Windows.I was going to try on another slot.I thought it would be straight forward .

Asmedia 106x SATA Controller preventing boot​

This is the answer someone gave in a forum about it.

*I solved the problem by disabling the CMSs (Compatibility Support Module) in the UEFI options of my MoBo:* i have no idea how to go about doing it.:(

Attachments

• DSC00437.JPG
    DSC00437.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00438.JPG
    DSC00438.JPG
    409.6 KB · Views: 36
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.