Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
lol yeah i wouldn't even of known if the editor didn't send me that.

Aiphanes

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
South Texas
"Another big improvement is the fact that you can make or receive calls while browsing on a 3G network. With EDGE, if someone was calling you and you were transferring date, it would go straight to your voicemail. Since 3G is on a different baseband, this will not occur anymore. Same goes for when you are on Wi-Fi."

This is also another reason why the Iphone 3g is way better than the old Iphone...plus the new Iphone looks better..

View

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Great review!

Google maps now has 3D building?? I don't see it :(
Geotagging? Does that apply to first gen 2.0 also??

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Great review!

Google maps now has 3D building?? I don't see it :(
Geotagging? Does that apply to first gen 2.0 also??

Thanks.

Go into a big city. Try like Chinatown, IL Then soom in on the maps as close as you can.
I don't think so. Only if locateme helps, and i dont think it does. It would have asked you for your permission already.

View

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Thanks.

Go into a big city. Try like Chinatown, IL Then soom in on the maps as close as you can.
I don't think so. Only if locateme helps, and i dont think it does. It would have asked you for your permission already.

Oh, I see the 3D buildings now :)

As for the geotagging, it asked me for permission of the camera to use the current location the first time I ran it. But, my pictures do not show up in google maps (are they supposed to?).

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Oh, I see the 3D buildings now :)

As for the geotagging, it asked me for permission of the camera to use the current location the first time I ran it. But, my pictures do not show up in google maps (are they supposed to?).

Are you running the official firmware or the leaked one?

Do you have 3G settings in your settings?

Only if you upload the images, its something in properties. i THINk that's how it works

View

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Are you running the official firmware or the leaked one?

Do you have 3G settings in your settings?

Only if you upload the images, its something in properties. i THINk that's how it works

I still haven't got the iPhone 3G yet, so I'm stuck with my V1.
It's the official firmware 1,1 5A347 No 3G settings

What do you mean my upload the images? through iPhoto from the computer to iPhone only (or the other way around)?

aosman

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Pretty cool review. The 3G for $200-$300 is great (not a big fan of the data price increase, but then who is)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.