Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
just did a new board and hard drive install on my old pismo, found out that the backlight is burned out, or the inverter board if fried, but when i ran the AHT for the pismo, i get a logicboard error.

***ERROR*CODE***ERROR*CODE***
fire/1/1

don't mind the lack of backlight or the screen dust please
image.jpg image.jpg

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
now under quick test, i get...

fire/3/-8142392

image.jpg

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
interesting, so doing the extended test would always bring up the fire 1 error, only doing the quick test would bring up the fire 3 error. so crazy question, the -8142392 number, it that an apple part number? im going to hunt anyways to see if it is

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
so i just tried looking up if that was a part number and ran it through usedmac and powerbookmedic, and found nothing. even went through apple's own service manual for the pismo and no reference to that number at all in any of the exploded views.

now what baffles me with the error 3 code is that the logicboard is a good working condition board that i had just bought and installed before running that test!!!

and it cant be faulty since it installed os 9.2.2 with everything fully running (minus the backlight of course) but everything else works. airport, full 1gb ram, 500 mhz cpu with 1mb L2, sound output with clear mic input, keyboard works, trackpad works, sleep light works

🤬

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
It's not a part number—just an error code. I have no idea what it means, but "fire" refers to FireWire.

What happened to the original MLB?
woudn't boot with any hard drive attached. something with the burned out ata hdd port. would boot up with cd drive only, but when hard drive plugged into cable then into slot, no boot screen, no chime, no happy mac

Reactions: micahgartman

micahgartman

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX, USA
Remove one of the DIMMs and re-run AHT. "3" errors are related to memory.

Apple part numbers begin with 661- (for "big" parts) or 922- (for consumable/disposable) parts.

See attached.

Attachments

• Error Codes: AHT for PowerBooks v.1.2.3.webarchive.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 23

micahgartman

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX, USA
Apple "officially" states the max memory on a Pismo is 512MB. AHT may be confused with 1024MB. Like Kyle Reese said, "I didn't build the f*cking thing!" :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.