Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iwrkalot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
After upgrading to Mojave, Illustrator CS 6 hangs for extremely long periods of times when working with text. Anyone have any thoughts on why, and possible a solution?

CreeptoLoser

Suspended
Jul 28, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
If you’re hobbyist it’s easy to understand why you haven’t upgraded. If you’re pro you should be running newest software otherwise tough luck. Adobe has made incredible improvements and more are coming very soon.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^And, there are many, many of us who just don't subscribe to the subscription formula.

Though Luck - You say:eek:

Lou

DeadeyeM

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
If you’re hobbyist it’s easy to understand why you haven’t upgraded. If you’re pro you should be running newest software otherwise tough luck. Adobe has made incredible improvements and more are coming very soon.

Dude the hole point why people don't want to move away from CS6 is subscription model.

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
^^^^And, there are many, many of us who just don't subscribe to the subscription formula.

Though Luck - You say:eek:

Lou

Well considering most people running CS6 have never paid for it, yeah tough luck! Whenever I look at the docks of even teen you tubers they have it loaded with nearly every pro app when there is no way they’re paying for all of that stuff. Unless someone is truly making money as an editor or photographer, I assume that all of that stuff is pirated.

Even before subscription models, Adobe piracy was rampant. Each program was around $700. Most people don’t have that kind of money. If they complain about $2000 MBPs then how in the hell are they going to spend $700 on one app? This is also the reason that little snitch is installed on so many macs.

In fact the subscription model is a bargain! Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC for just $10/month. For $120/yr you are always on the latest version of both. Even with the perpetual license most people didn’t stay on a version of Photoshop for too long before upgrading for a discount off of the $700 price. Usually it was half off I believe. So for $700 you now get almost 6 years of the latest Photoshop version. I’d say that’s a pretty good deal.

If you’re a student, I think you can get the whole suite for $20-30/month or so while you’re in school. That’s also a bargain.

Last edited:
Reactions: leventozler

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
^^^^Hey guy, I am NOT a pirate - I bought and paid for PS CS6. BUT, i was stung by a pirated on Acrobat Pro 11.0. I used it for 4 years before Adobe revoked my license. I now use PDF Expert.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/license-revoked.2104683/#post-25784816

Lou

Sorry, I wasn't specifically talking about you but just in general. I usually make that assumption because CS6 was the last non-CC version. I'm not so opposed to a subscription model for stuff like Adobe, Maya, Autocad, Cinema 4D, etc. I am when it comes to Office and the like whose perpetual licenses were typically affordable around $300 or less. It sort of makes financial sense to lease 4 figure software since it ends up being slightly cheaper than constantly upgrading. It also makes it possible for more people to afford it since several thousand dollars is really prohibitive for those starting their careers.

iwrkalot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
I am a professional at work using the CS6 Suite on new jacked up HP machine with Windows 10, a hobbyist at home using a new 27" iMac on Mojave. I have been using, and paying for, Adobe products for over 15 years. While I appreciate the subscription debate, that's not what I am here for.

So, to get back to the original question, has anyone else experienced this with AI CS6 on Mojave? I think it might be Java related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.