Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
I used to have aol 5.0 for os 9 and i had a "friend' which also used aol but for pc. When i made a new aim account outside aol and signed in into ichat she was never available. But when i sign up as my aol account she is availble. What s wrong?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Aim Prob

Originally posted by applemacdude
I used to have aol 5.0 for os 9 and i had a "friend' which also used aol but for pc. When i made a new aim account outside aol and signed in into ichat she was never available. But when i sign up as my aol account she is availble. What s wrong?
Are you trying to access AIM (MacOS X) through a router?

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Atlantic City area
...you can use

You can use your original aol screenname in ichat. If your "friend" still doesn't show then check the preferences for privacy. If that is ok then take the previous suggestion and see if your buddy list includes your "friend".

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Are you sure your friend has "enabled" your new account to be her buddy? One of the AIM options is to not let anyone other than your buddies see your on-line status.

But as others already pointed out - why not use your original account on the Mac? The accounts aren't tied to a specific computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.