Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsnhakan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
The Netherlands
Hi there,

I always update my devices through iTunes. Had no problems till iOS 11 came out. My iPad Air 2 doens't charge when I plug it into a charger. The second time it charges. Does someone else have the same problem?

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Yep, exactly the same story here. I plug it in, it “beeps”, but then I check it afterwards the charging indicator does not show up. So I unplug the lightning cable and replug it back, which usually starts the charging process. The problem came clearly with iOS 11, never had a problem with it before.

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
Hi there,

I always update my devices through iTunes. Had no problems till iOS 11 came out. My iPad Air 2 doens't charge when I plug it into a charger. The second time it charges. Does someone else have the same problem?
Yep, exactly the same story here. I plug it in, it “beeps”, but then I check it afterwards the charging indicator does not show up. So I unplug the lightning cable and replug it back, which usually starts the charging process. The problem came clearly with iOS 11, never had a problem with it before.

Exactly same for me. Charger in, charging starts then immediately stops. Works ok when unplugged and plugged back in.

Thought it may be my lightning cables but glad to see others confirming it appears to be a bug

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
An update. It seems to work when I first plug one end of the lightning cable into an iPad and then the other USB end into the charging block, but not the other way around. Weirdness...

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I think I read a post in another thread about solving similar behavior with a hard reset (the two-button power off reset, no data or settings lost). Might be worth a try (no downside).

rsnhakan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
The Netherlands
After updating to iOS 11.0.1 the problems do still occur. By plugging in first time iPad says it's charging. When you come back later and look at the screen you can see the iPad didn't charge. By replugging it starts charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.