Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
Loving my new mini. Quick power button question…does anyones have a slight little movement to it? I would describe it as maybe feeling loose but not really? Like you can move it a little bit from side to side and it has a little give with your finger in comparison to my iPhone power button that is very still. Just wondering if this is normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: osta.doc

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
If your iPhone is a 7 or later, the home button doesn’t actually move. It uses haptic feedback to simulate a press. I’d say a little movement on the iPad is normal as it is an actual button that moves when you press

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
If your iPhone is a 7 or later, the home button doesn’t actually move. It uses haptic feedback to simulate a press. I’d say a little movement on the iPad is normal as it is an actual button that moves when you press
Thank you! I’m thinking it’s totally normal but wanted to see what others with either the mini or air have experienced.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Are we talking Air 4/mini 6 (power button) or Air 3/mini 5 (home button). The haptic feedback refers solely to home button.

As for power button, that's mechanical. The ones on my Air 4 and mini 6 aren't wobbly but there are variations in manufacturing and tolerances are allowed.

Reactions: snipr125

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
Are we talking Air 4/mini 6 (power button) or Air 3/mini 5 (home button). The haptic feedback refers solely to home button.

As for power button, that's mechanical. The ones on my Air 4 and mini 6 aren't wobbly but there are variations in manufacturing and tolerances are allowed.
Mini 6 and air 4 power butron

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
On my Ipad Air 4th Gen, my power button is pretty solid, with no wiggle. Like Rui No Onna stated though, there may be some units with a slight wiggle that is within Apples acceptable quality tolerances. If it really bothers you a lot, you could take back to Apple for a replacement, but its up to you if it is really worth doing that.

Last edited:

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
My mini 6 sleep/wake button does wiggle slightly. I can make it happen if I try. It's not something I notice or feel in practice and it is definitely not something you need to worry about. Just don't get any water in there!

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
My mini 6 sleep/wake button does wiggle slightly. I can make it happen if I try. It's not something I notice or feel in practice and it is definitely not something you need to worry about. Just don't get any water in there!
Awesome thank you so much!

Reactions: spiderman0616

mikedude86

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
I’ve had an air 4 and now a mini 6, both wiggle(d) a little bit, but not annoying enough to bring to apples attention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.