Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
New 15 ProMax and lo and behold we have an APP2 version update.

Great!
Well, not so much.

I use my APP2 between my iPad Pro 11 (Gen4) and 15 ProMax. The update went through with no real effort (thx Aaron).

Things it fixed for me
  • Call answering is smoother and the caller sounds more “real”.
  • The random switching between my 15PM and IP11 has pretty much gone away.

Things that didn’t go so well for me
  • I am getting an alert that my APP2 can be seen and to check Find My which informs me these are not my Air Pods. Just on the 15PM so it might be iOS 17.0.3
  • The sound has changed. Bass and Lows sound flat while mid vocals sounds really crisp. For music I use YouTube Music. The change in music play is not for the better.
Here’s to hoping Apple comes out with a fix for the fix.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
I love my AirPods for the fast switching and form factor but Apple is seriously starting to piss me off with the crappy firmware updates that break things. Ever since the ANC nerf back with the original AirPods pro, they‘ve been messing with stuff and not for the better. Now they managed to screw up transparency mode. What before sounded like you didn’t even have headphones in your ears (I sometimes had them fall out as I didn’t even remember wearing them) has now some serious db reduction.
At some point I might just switch, I hear the new b&ws are quite nice.

evertjr

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2016
The last two firmwares really messed with the sound profile, very flat sounding, thankfully I'm not the only one noticing it. I'm waiting for the 6A305 update to finally install god's know when to see if theres improvements.

Reactions: Luis Glez and dk001

onenorth

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2021
That’s a bummer. The 03 and now apparently the 05 aren’t bringing the sound quality back.
Double check/play with the audio tune settings.

Settings->Accessibility->Audio/Visual->Headphone Accommodations->Balanced Tone/Vocal Range/Brightness

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Does anyone know if this has this fixed the super loud “announce notifications” bug?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.