Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Hi

At the moment i have a special device that measures the air quality and indicates when i need to ventilate.

I've heard rumors that Apple products can do this too (example HomePod)

Can anyone give me details? I would like a notification when the air quality is poor.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Hi

At the moment i have a special device that measures the air quality and indicates when i need to ventilate.

I've heard rumors that Apple products can do this too (example HomePod)

Can anyone give me details? I would like a notification when the air quality is poor.

The newest HomePod and HomePod mini can do this. As I understand it, the info is displayed natively in the HomeApp. But I’m sure you could use that data to create a shortcut to send you an alert when certain thresholds are met.

Reactions: Quotenfrau

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
My Ecobee thermostat does measure air quality. I‘ve recently had a lot of painting going on during a kitchen remodel and the air quality alerts went very high. It gave me confidence that it really does measure the air quality. It measures both CO2 and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)

They are still working in the house but without a lot of painting. You can see the current results in the attached screenshot. During the spray painting, the VOC was pegged at maximum.

/Jim

IMG_0033.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.