Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Guys, do you have issue with the AirDrop between iPhone and iMac? With any iOs 9 and with any OS X 10.10 and 10.11 - both devises cannot see each other. While, between both iPhones - 6+ and 6s+ -- all is fine.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Guys, thanks to an advise of one user from another forum, I fixed the issue:
So, the problem is that there was no (automatically assigned) iCloud account - "Me" with my phone and email. I have my own full name n the contacts , but it is not named just "Me". So, I set/add new iCloud contact and named it just "Me" and add my phone and AppleID email. And voila - The iMac and iPhone start "seeing" each other and the AirDrop is working now as a charm.. Obviously this is a iOs bug (missing the Me contact )

Reactions: wakinghour

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Guys, thanks to an advise of one user from another forum, I fixed the issue:
So, the problem is that there was no (automatically assigned) iCloud account - "Me" with my phone and email. I have my own full name n the contacts , but it is not named just "Me". So, I set/add new iCloud contact and named it just "Me" and add my phone and AppleID email. And voila - The iMac and iPhone start "seeing" each other and the AirDrop is working now as a charm.. Obviously this is a iOs bug (missing the Me contact )

That didn't work for me. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.