Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
iOS13 is by far the buggiest release I've used in ages. Not only does the photos app crash nonstop when sharing or even sometimes selecting multiple images but airdrop appears completely broken. it sees no other devices on my network if it even gets so far as to check after I hit there button(which many times does nothing) I use airdrop frequently at work so this is incredibly annoying. really hoping 13.1 has a lot of fixes...

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
Is this working for you guys again? I was always able to see my Mac, but it wouldn't show my profile picture, just a white circle. I wasn't able to see my iPhone from my Mac. However since this morning I also can't see my Mac anymore. So Airdrop is not working at all for me (iOS 13.1.2 and MacOS 10.14.6). Maybe it will be fixed with Catalina, but it's pretty annoying right now.

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
AirDrop has always been completely broken.

perhaps it’s time to just disband that coding team and give up

Reactions: whsbuss

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
AirDrop has always been completely broken.

perhaps it’s time to just disband that coding team and give up

That's not my experience. AirDrop has been super reliable for me and I use it multiple times per week without a problem, until iOS 13. Even now, between iPhones it always works for me, my wife, my friends.

What kind of issues are you having that it feels completely broken for you?

peckerhead

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
I’ve got an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.2.3 and it is broken for me too.

My phone is unable to receive anything and keeps setting itself to Receiving off.

I can set Airdrop to Contacts Only or Everyone and it will stay like this as long as nobody is trying to send anything, but as soon as another device starts scanning for Airdrop devices to send to, it switches straight back to Receiving Off.

I can reproduce this every time using either the wife’s 11 Pro or my MacBook Air running Catalina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.