Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HistoryNerd63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2023
HELP!! Like a million other people, I was struggling with the whole AirDrop "waiting" went thru every fix in the book, nothing worked. So, I started to try everything ah-gain. (Before I continue-I'd like to address some things 1st; yes my device supports airdrop; I literally just used Airdrop yesterday and had no issues; No, I didn't do a network reset,...) I go back to changing contacts to "everyone". Low & behold I suddenly showed 2 MacBook Pros under contacts on my iPhone. One of the MacBooks was my little avatar MacBook I've always had... then, there's a duplicate contact-except no avatar and it's shown under "other people". I tried to AirDrop again-used the original device photo-nothing except waiting, waiting, waiting. Then just for the heck of it I clicked the OP contact and VOILA! It was airdropped immediately. :oops: I'm stumped, I wouldn't say I was an expert on Mac's maybe advanced intermediate or something stupid --- I've never seen anything like it! I've hunted and searched everywhere I can find. Went to 140 million different Mac forums, every site that referred to MAC or iPhone and I can't find a thing. There's not even any crazy person like me that's asked bout it-nothing even close. Now, I am smart enough to know I'm not the first or the only that's experienced this, I've just not found the right place to look.

1st of all, does anyone know what the hell's going on? Why this is happening? Again I cannot airdrop from my iOS 16 to my MacBook Pro contact that "looks" to be the original, if you will. It will not Airdrop with that contact, but will drop just as it should with "other" contact. I've also not attempted to change or delete either since I don't know what the hell's happening. I'd just rather not have to start over with some crazy extended "contact" procedure.

Somebody help please-and if I seem to be an idiot-it's ok if you tell me-if you can just enlighten me a tad bit. I'm a lil' obsessed w/it just in case you can't tell. ;) Whoever you are trying to help me? You're a ROCK STAR!!

Attachments

• Strange contact .jpg
    Strange contact .jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 87
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.