Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BHanular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
I just Airdropped a PDF file from my MacBook Air to my iPad and though a pop-up on the Mac said it was sent and I heard a tone, I can’t find it anywhere on the iPad. That includes the Files App, photos app, iBook app and Pages app. The iPad search feature didn’t help. It couldn’t even find known files I had in the Messages app.

I Airdropped using the same Apple ID.

I really thought it would end up in the Files app, but no.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
iPad 9
IOS 15.7

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I'm on an iPhone and iOS 16 so maybe something's changed, but I just used AirDrop to transfer a PDF from my Mac Mini to my iPhone, and I get this on my iPhone. Do you not get something similar on your iPad?

IMG_2305.PNG

EDIT: Meant to post this too:

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 12.53.14 PM.png

Last edited:

BHanular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2022

BillHon

member_badge.gif

Thank you very much for the reply! That’s much appreciated.

I repeated the process with the same results. No window offering an App to open the file. But I heard a tone on the iPad telling me it successfully downloaded.

Thought it might be in the Download folder in the Files folder, but no

Where is the Airdropped PDF file residing on your iPhone?

Again, thank you for your time and effort.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017

I don't know where else it could possibly be on your iPad other than in Files. As for me, I have to manually choose where to save it (either in Files, OneDrive, or Books). The other apps that can read PDF files just open the file and can't save it AFAIK. You might want to restart your iPad and try again.

BHanular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
This’s extremely embarrassing. I rebooted my iPad and now I see the window with options to open the Airdropped files.

So-so sorry to have wasted your time!

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
This’s extremely embarrassing. I rebooted my iPad and now I see the window with options to open the Airdropped files.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's not your fault iPadOS had a bug. Glad you got it working.

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009

BillHon

member_badge.gif

Thank you very much for the reply! That’s much appreciated.

I repeated the process with the same results. No window offering an App to open the file. But I heard a tone on the iPad telling me it successfully downloaded.

Again, thank you for your time and effort.

Thanks for sharing.

Had same issue crop up mysteriously and had to Reboot. Apple/ iPad OS.. F..ing mysteries.

And all apple did was misdirect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.