Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Like many of you..I was a bit tired of doing the reboot dance every day. Put on the headset. Look up, control center, mac connection. Press the crown, tap compatibility apps, swipe, swipe, swipe, open slack. Press the crown, open safari. Press the crown, swipe, swipe, swipe, open Television. Every single reboot, opening the same apps, but having to swipe through countless other apps that I downloaded to try out at some point.

So I built AirLauncher. AirLauncher is a launch dashboard or dock for your Apple Vision Pro - pin your favorite apps, shortcuts, websites, games & contacts right to AirLauncher, to launch them in just one tap. Adding apps is simple if they are in the extensive app database, or if you can't find them setting up a Shortcuts launcher is fairly simple. Now I can have my workspace ready to go in seconds after a reboot.

The app also features a battery widget and clock, along with an optional volume bar. Now you'll rarely have to do the eyeroll gesture to go into control center.

Check out a video here:

Looking for any feedback, or missing apps that you'd like to see added. A lot of native visionOS developers unfortunately omit launch URLS, so you may have to setup the shortcuts workaround for those, for now, which you can learn about here.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I didn’t see a way to add links to apps. Only to select app.

The apps I tend to launch to work are:

Edge - you have a link for that
Microsoft Teams - you have a link for that
Messages - you have a link for that
EWallet by illiumsoft
Microsoft OneNote
Panels (shows time and battery level)
RadarScope

Love the idea of this app.

Thanks!

EDIT: Using Shortcuts - reading through your link now.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatTribble

jclardy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
I didn’t see a way to add links to apps. Only to select app.

The apps I tend to launch to work are:

Edge - you have a link for that
Microsoft Teams - you have a link for that
Messages - you have a link for that
EWallet by illiumsoft
Microsoft OneNote
Panels (shows time and battery level)
RadarScope

Love the idea of this app.

Thanks!

EDIT: Using Shortcuts - reading through your link now.
Thanks! I'll take a look and see if I can find links for those others, a lot of visionOS devs aren't adding them since there wasn't really any reason to do so at the moment (No native shortcuts, no home screen customization, no custom home screen icons, no launcher apps) For those shortcut links are the only option at the moment.

If you know the launch URL for an app you can add it manually via the "add website" panel - I'll make that more clear in the next update.

Reactions: OriginalAppleGuy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.