Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
I have: the iPAD Pro 10.5 (256 GB, wifi + cel), using iOS 10.3.2.

I discussed about using ethernet cables and turning AIRPLANE MODE on in this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-using-ethernet-on-ipad-pro.1974288/

However even if we use an ethernet cable there's the annoying warning (that can't be disabled): ""Turn off Airplane Mode or Use Wifi to Access Data". This one appears thousands of times, everytime we open some random app.

One reason I mentioned to use ethernet was due to less EMF radiation.

Here's the thing: in iOS 10 if we disable wi-fi and bluetooth but never activate AIRPLANE MODE this warning never appears. I wonder if there's no EMF radiation emitted from the iPAD/iPhone if we just disable wi-fi and bluetooth from the Control Center, but do not enable Airplane Mode.

Unfortunately I can't use one EMF meter at this point, still I have to ask: what is the point of enabling Airplane Mode? To avoid disabling both wi-fi and bluetooth (one at a time)? Or Airplane Mode actually disables more stuff than just these two?

For example: even though I am not using a cellular data plan with this iPAD (4G, SIM card) even if I disable wi-fi and bluetooth from the control center (in iOS 11 we need to go to settings to disable them for good, to make sure they are never reactivated without our consent), do I still need to take a few other steps to assure there's no EMF radiation?

Meaning that Airplane Mode is the only way to achieve this?

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
Found what I was looking for:

@3:45

So we don't need Airplane Mode after all..

Once I get an EMF meter I'll do further tests, if with a SIM card and not enabling Airplane Mode things will change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.