Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I'm flying for the first time with my AVP this week. I've downloaded a few movies and TV episodes to watch. If I put the AVP in Airplane mode can I still be connected to in-flight wifi in order to use Messages and email?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Definitely want to be in travel mode. Apparently it does something so you do not feel like you are shaking around in the headset too.

Reactions: PTVMan

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I’m actually writing this post on a plane right now. I didn’t have any issues - if the lighting is too dark, it tracking failed icon will show up and just disrupt everything. But overall it has been a pleasant experience. one thing i had to do was turn off private relay as i was having problems with the united app until this was fixed.

but overall, I could definitely see myself using this on a international flight.

Josh Puetz

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2021
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Can confirm that Delta's free inflight Wifi works just fine with AVP. Connected to the inflight Wifi network while in flight, and received the standard "agree to connect" web form pop up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.