Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techguy500

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
With the current news of the AirPlay 2 and HomeKit coming to support specific Sony 2019 TV models, will AirPlay 2 and HomeKit be support the 2018 XBR F models?

I just bought a 2018 75" X900F model. I have 15 days left before I can return. I would like to know here soon before making a decision. I have 2 Apple Homepods that would be nice to connect to my 75" X900F if it becomes compatible.

Would anyone have any further information on this? Is there any hope for the Sony 2018 TV models?

Thanks in Advance!!

Reactions: Vibe27

DogHouseDub

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
SF
No matter what they say today, if it doesn’t exist then there are no guarantees.

If AP2 is important to you, I think you know what to do...

Vibe27

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2019
With the current news of the AirPlay 2 and HomeKit coming to support specific Sony 2019 TV models, will AirPlay 2 and HomeKit be support the 2018 XBR F models?

I just bought a 2018 75" X900F model. I have 15 days left before I can return. I would like to know here soon before making a decision. I have 2 Apple Homepods that would be nice to connect to my 75" X900F if it becomes compatible.

Would anyone have any further information on this? Is there any hope for the Sony 2018 TV models?

Thanks in Advance!!
If Samsung can update their 2018 models, Sony can do it too; but are they willing to do so is the question , If they don’t , Sony sucks !!

techguy500

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
No matter what they say today, if it doesn’t exist then there are no guarantees.

If AP2 is important to you, I think you know what to do...

If Samsung can update their 2018 models, Sony can do it too; but are they willing to do so is the question , If they don’t , Sony sucks !!

Here's what I just received from a Sony Community Forum Moderator in regards to my question:

"Welcome to the Sony Community!
Only the following TV series will add support for Apple AirPlay2 with a future software update:

• XBR A9G Series
  • XBR X950G Series
  • XBR Z9G Series
Regards,
David
Sony Social Support"

If this is the case ....... that would be so messed up and a lot of Sony customers will feel disappointed by this. What do you think?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Thanks for posting that. Too bad Sony will not be updating the A9F, etc.... Guess when I get my OLED it will be the Sony A9F or an 2019 LG.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.