Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of airplay controls?

• I ended up injuring myself and became a luddite because of new airplay controls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
MODS: feel free to move if needed but I didn't want this to die in ios14 sub.

What is this? It's a complete train wreck. I love my OG HomePod and my 4k tv though I usually host music through my phone/MacBook to my various airport expresses hooked up to speakers. I have received 4 minis and have played with a variety of setups with them but noticed before they got here that the iOS upgrade was confusing when air playing. After hooking them up and attempting to move them from one location to another, all hell broke loose.

Everything about the controls are extremely not apple like.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Tough crowd. Nobody else is seeing this? I know I've seen one or two people speak to it and it can't just be me....

Kwozzii

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
This is my first HomePod so can't compare it to anything else, everything seems ok to me, but then I've only got one (so far) to play with..

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
It's a little bit more about airplay than just the homepod I guess. I already had in place 6 airport expresses set up as music zones in the house. They worked great with airplay 2 and were easy to control. I also had an OG homepod and a apple tv4k (and a 3rd gen). I rarely used those to "host music" but they worked fine for it and would also airplay to other zones just fine. Just before my mini's got here, roku started supporting airplay 2 so now I have 3 devices added in there and now 4 minis. If I can count correctly, I have 17 airplay devices not counting iphones/ipads/macbook/imac and of those 17, 6 of them also will take over and host if I try to play music to them (not with them). It's a wreck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.