Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wilburx3

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
DTLA
I want to know this as well. Seems like they forgot about inviting MacOS to the Airplay 2 party.

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
And especially: homepod stereo setup?
If you mean support for stereo HomePods from iTunes on a Mac, I have 10.13.5 on my iMac and it sees (and plays to) my stereo-paired HomePods from iTunes. You have to select the stereo pair in the "Switch to" option of the AirPlay menu, not individual HomePods.

Last edited:

homohurre123

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
I have 10.13.5 on my iMac and it sees (and plays to) my stereo-paired HomePods from iTunes. You have to select the stereo pair in the "Switch to" option of the AirPlay menu, not individual HomePods.
Yes but native support to play other apps then Itunes would have been cool. Thats the kind of things where Mac OS just is lacking behind IOS.

Reactions: afir93 and Wilburx3

Wilburx3

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
DTLA
Also, it would be good if the Mac could act as a target to receive from airplay 2 sources as well. My rMBP is what drives everything in my office but I would need a sperate device to receive audio that the rest of the house is receiving.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.