Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
Hi, looking for some help if possible.

I’ve been given a B&W A5, set it up through the app but can’t see it on my list of airplay speakers. I also have a Sonos Beam as well, which I’ve also noticed I can’t see in there (but can still play audio through the Sonos app). The only think I can see is my Apple TV.

I’m using the latest BT homehub router and have tried factory resetting it as suggested on other forums as well as turning off 5ghz but still can’t see it. I know the speaker is connected to the router as it shows up on the list of connected devices.

The only other thing is I have two wireless access ports with the same SSID as the BT hub, all connected through Ethernet through the walls into the BT hub. Could that be causing a problem if they are connected through there?

Any help appreciated!

Mind The Mac

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
Do both the B&W and Sonos need Local Network permissions turned on in >settings>privacy>local network? I recently moved to using a BT Hub and Airplay is working OK over WiFi.

Reactions: yogi477

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
So weirdly I tried it on my iPad and there they were. Restarted my phone and all good. No idea how that happened!

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
Thanks. Still considering an Ethernet connection for the A5 as in my experience the first gen Airplay connections are a bit dodgy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.