Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewusman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I've been having audio drop-outs on streaming any system audio to airplay devices (airplay speaker, ATV2 on amp) and a bose bluetooth speaker.

Spent the last 2 days trouble shooting and noticed, after much trial and error that the trouble started when invoking ... spotlight.

Disabled many settings and locations to no avail.

Then in the console I noticed the drop-outs started immediately when launching spotlight, which loads the following: "
2015/06/27 12:12:50,153 PM locationd[78]: Location icon should now be in state 'Active'

Disabling location services for spotlight solved the problem.

No more airplay or bluetooth audio drop-outs !

Weirdest bug ever ?

Possibly.

I have a new rMB 12" btw 10.10.3

Edit to add: any service that invokes the above location service state change to active causes audio drop-outs over airplay or bluetooth, such as swiping the notification bar out and the weather checking your location.

Last edited:

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
Interesting...Have been having a very similar issue, except usually only when Music is active. Then my Bluetooth cuts out and lags basically making my SoundLink unusable. will try your suggestion and see wot happens.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.