Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pfisher

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
I have an iPad 2 MC769LL/A running 9.3.5. I have an Apple TV 3rd generation A1469 running 7.2.2. For some reason on this iPad it doesn't display the Apple TV in the room. If I go to Airplay, the list will populate but this Apple TV does not appear on the list. It shows other Apple Apple TVs on the same network. Both devices are in the same room, both devices are getting any IP address, on the iPad I can access the internet, using another Phone I can see this Apple TV.

I have done the following:

Forget the Network and rejoined the Wifi on both devices.
Restarted both devices
Reset the network settings on the iPad
Renamed the Apple TV
Disabled Airplay password
Turned OFF and ON Airplay on Apple TV

The user was able to use the same iPad and Apple TV once before. I am not sure what changed or why it no longer works. I understand the iPad is an outdated model but it did work at some point in the past.

What am I missing? It could be related to a Wifi issue.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
It seems Apple completely revamped AirPlay for IOS 9, and as a result there were some severe issues and problems with that overhaul under that release. I think best to move up both in iPad model and IOS release. The newly announced iPad is a good candidate, IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.