Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azzipa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
new ipad mini 6 and trying to stream music to airplay enabled receiver. previously was able to select receiver from list of available devices. with iOS 15 i am being asked for airplay password. there is no password. this is a device certified by the mfr to be airplay enabled, works as an airplay device with non-iOs 15 devices, but will not work with new ipad mini. is this an iOS 15 issue or is there a workaround to get a password so i can stream music? (there is no screen to view a password, there is no apple tv, this is simply an airplay enabled receiver that is no longer accessible.) thanks.

edit: all devices verified to be on same wifi network, other ios devices stream successfully, and airplay does show in control center.

Last edited:
Reactions: azing

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Having the same issue with my Sonos speakers. Can’t airplay to them without a password prompt ever since iOS 15.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Yup cannot air play to my Sony receiver on my iPhone 11 not my iPad Pro. Doesn’t even see the receiver anymore…

azzipa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
SOLVED: Enter your Router password as the AirPlay password. (Actually I had to use the password for my "guest" wifi network, not my primary.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.