Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hillya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
I am trying to stream Spotify from my ipad to appletv using airplay and use Inuit GoPayment credit card reader (in headphone jack) simultaneously... whenever the card reader initializes, it drops Spotify. Is there an app that splits out outputs?

thanks

hillya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
I want to be able to accept payments without interrupting the music streaming.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I want to be able to accept payments without interrupting the music streaming.

Ah, that's what I thought. As it stands it does not look like you can do both. Unless someone can point out an app for you.

I wonder if Apple would be interested in figuring out how to prevent the Airplay from failing when you swipe a card.

I would file a bug report at the vary least.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I don't think this is likely to be fixed unless Apple change how the audio system works. This would be the same as trying to play 1 song through airplay and another on headphones.

hillya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
But is it the same thing? It seems to me that the card swiper is an input and should be treated differently.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
But is it the same thing? It seems to me that the card swiper is an input and should be treated differently.

It isn't literally the same thing, but as far as the OS is concerned you request all of the audio when you want the microphone last I checked which is why I said that it would need to be redesigned.

Having said that, it is possible since now you have to request access to the microphone that they are split, I haven't used that API set in a while. If that is the case it could be fixed by the app developers when iOS 7 goes live.

hillya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for your insights. I'll post up what support tell me tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.