Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hello folks, looking for a solid (fixed) outdoor speaker that is AP2 capable. It will be mounted under the eaves so it won't get direct sun exposure or rain but dew is a thing here.

I currently use Sonos and HPMs for music inside. I want to add an outdoor zone as we spend a lot of time outside. I initially thought to get Sonos One SL as that would make it easy. I could fabricate some kind of cover to keep the dew at bay but if there is a better option, I am open to it.

Music source: Apple Music and Prime Music.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
I think this question has been asked before with no good answers. The Sonos ones will probably hold up if they aren’t getting rained on but it’s a gamble. If you can run wires, then a set of passive speakers at whatever price range you want would probably be the way to go. Drive them with a Sonos amp if you want to spend that much - otherwise some other amp and a Wiim mini or something similar for Airplay.

Last year Best Buy had a good deal on an outdoor speaker bundle with a Sonos amp but I don’t see it online now - maybe you could find it in store still?

Reactions: philrock
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.