Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arftech99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
Can anyone recommend a nice stand that will display my Max but also put them in low power mode?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Can anyone recommend a nice stand that will display my Max but also put them in low power mode?

I don't personally own this one. But the stand looks good, but of course not cheap!

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I like the Wiwu stand from Amazon. It has a magnet in the middle if you don’t want to attach the case. Plus it makes your AirPods Max look like a piece of art on display in a museum.

04431352-518A-48B4-B24B-546F2790B071.jpeg

Reactions: Zealgr and jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I like the Wiwu stand from Amazon. It has a magnet in the middle if you don’t want to attach the case. Plus it makes your AirPods Max look like a piece of art on display in a museum.

View attachment 1901190
I've got a third party silicon band on my headbands mesh cover. I wonder if the added thickness would raise the ear cups out of reach of the magnets that put the headphones to a full sleep?

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I've got a third party silicon band on my headbands mesh cover. I wonder if the added thickness would raise the ear cups out of reach of the magnets that put the headphones to a full sleep?
No, you have nothing to worry about.

The only complaint I’ve heard about this stand is that the magnet is kind of high. So people who extend their headphones fully have to shorten to make contact with the magnet. Your silicone add-on actually helps to minimize that problem.

Personally, I’ve had no issues with the magnet being too high but I don’t have to fully extend my headphones. Here’s a picture of my stand. It shows the magnet more accurately than the promo photo I posted earlier.
B7CDFCDB-4FAC-4C66-8600-2EE614FE05AC.jpeg

Reactions: jazz1

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010

I don't personally own this one. But the stand looks good, but of course not cheap!
How much was this one? It's OOS now.
I bought this one from benks because it reminds me of the one they use in the store to display them. I tossed an iPod Classic on the base and think it looks mint.
AirPods Max Stand - Benks
This is simple enough, but no low power mode right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.