Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Powelldb1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2022
Had pros for about a year now an the original ear tips don’t seem to seal the same. Lots of choices out there including originals from Apple.
Looking for suggestions and recommendations from those that have used and know a lot more than me. Thanks.

hloevrona

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
Of course, such "unusual" silicone tips are different from the usual ones that come with even the cheapest earbuds. Already available on AliExpress, attachments for AirPods Pro are several times cheaper than the original ones and attachments of other shapes and made of other materials. There is a choice, it is only worth looking at if the standard ones do not hold in your ears. First, I advise reading tips on choosing them and reading reviews. In any case, it is worth trying several types of earpieces and choosing the one that is most comfortable for you.

Last edited:

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
I am a fan of the Comply foam ones, but they break down over time so you'll be swapping them out about every 4-6 months depending on amount and type of usage. They do a 3 pair pack of different sizes if you aren't sure which one to get, and then they sell replacements in multi packs so you have a few changes handy.

ibarnett

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Had pros for about a year now an the original ear tips don’t seem to seal the same. Lots of choices out there including originals from Apple.
Looking for suggestions and recommendations from those that have used and know a lot more than me. Thanks.
You can get replacements from Apple - relatively cheap too.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I'll second the comply foam

I've got large ear holes, and even the large apple tips will not seal well or stay seated. the large comply tips actually seal and work for me, and you don't have to remove them to put them in the case like some of the alternatives

I got the multi size sampler, and borrowed my friends AirPods to try them out. Let him have the other 2 that don't fit me, and he really likes them also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.