Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TracyKay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2020
Hello - I have spent hours trying to fix my Airpod Pros. Frustrated! Apple products are generally so easy to use.

They were given to me as a gift and barely used. The left Airpod is not working and I have done a factory reset and checked the balance levels which is set in the middle.

I've watched and read so much but nothing seems to work. A video suggested to check the left battery level to see the status so I installed the battery widget on my iPhone. The Airpods are not showing up on the battery widget either.

My phone is an iPhone 12 Pro and I am using software version 15.0.2. In addition, I chose "forget this device" in my Bluetooth settings, powered my phone off and turned it back on and paired it again to my phone and did the battery widget again. I still can't get the left Airpod to work or see the battery status.

This is driving me bananas!!!

Any thoughts on the problems?

Thank you kindly in advance.
Tracy

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Tracy sometimes you just have to accept that you have a faulty product and no amount of resetting and tweaking is going to fix it. As you correctly suspect, they should just work straight out the box. There are no strange configurations you have missed.

As a final test, put them in to activate them then try the ear tip fit test via the bluetooth menu. Be interesting to see what result that gives if one of them is faulty; maybe it will even give you an error message.

Then exercise your right to return them for an exchange. Seeing you received them as a present, that might awkwardly require you to have the purchaser do that for you. Good luck.

Last edited:

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
Hello - I have spent hours trying to fix my Airpod Pros. Frustrated! Apple products are generally so easy to use.

They were given to me as a gift and barely used. The left Airpod is not working and I have done a factory reset and checked the balance levels which is set in the middle.

I've watched and read so much but nothing seems to work. A video suggested to check the left battery level to see the status so I installed the battery widget on my iPhone. The Airpods are not showing up on the battery widget either.

My phone is an iPhone 12 Pro and I am using software version 15.0.2. In addition, I chose "forget this device" in my Bluetooth settings, powered my phone off and turned it back on and paired it again to my phone and did the battery widget again. I still can't get the left Airpod to work or see the battery status.

This is driving me bananas!!!

Any thoughts on the problems?

Thank you kindly in advance.
Tracy
My problem was the left pod was not charging and low volume. I don't remember the order but I reset the pods then restarted/turned off the phone and all was good. Maybe, upgrading your phone might help.

TracyKay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2020
My problem was the left pod was not charging and low volume. I don't remember the order but I reset the pods then restarted/turned off the phone and all was good. Maybe, upgrading your phone might help.
I just bought my phone in June so it's new and updated. I tried to restart the phone and reset the pods and they still aren't working. Nor does the Airpods show up on my battery widget on my iPhone. Harumph.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It sounds like you tried everything by the books to no avail. If you got it recently as a gift and still able to return it, I’d return and exchange it for a new one. I’d also test it there while you are in the store to make sure that it is working so you don’t have to waste another trip.

If it’s past the return period, then simply schedule a genius bar appointment to have them looked at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.