Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
Hello,

My Airpod Pros Model Number A2084 Ver. 3E751 have very poor sound quality. Sound is muffled and has echo's. I went on line and tried several solutions including a reset for them but the sound quality has not improved. I noticed that randomly Siri starts on its own and when the Siri logo starts to spin at the bottom of my iPhone screen the sound quality seems to get clearer, WTF!! What is going on with these things!?!?!

Albert O.

Last edited:

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
My Pros didn't sound very good either. A lot of reviewers said they sounded significantly better than AirPods 2s, but I didn't like the muffled sound was.

I wonder if I got a bad pair of if people mean "overloaded bass" means better sound quality.

onenorth

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2021
The audio quality for music greatly improved when I changed the headphone audio settings to "Balanced Tone."

Settings > Accessibility > AirPods > Audio Accessibility Settings > Headphone Accommodations [ON] > Balanced Tone

For the echo, turn off Spatialized Stereo (Control Center, touch and hold volume control while playing two-channel stereo content)

Reactions: StoneJack

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
The audio quality for music greatly improved when I changed the headphone audio settings to "Balanced Tone."

Settings > Accessibility > AirPods > Audio Accessibility Settings > Headphone Accommodations [ON] > Balanced Tone

For the echo, turn off Spatialized Stereo (Control Center, touch and hold volume control while playing two-channel stereo content)
That's pretty cool. It makes my airpods sound so much better, but I'm afraid it will completely kill my Bose QC45 headphones since those tend to already be a little too bright on the high end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.