Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I've owned a pair of Airpod Pros for about 14 months or so. Never had any issues with battery, sound, pairing, etc. They're not my day-to-day headphones so unless I'm on a plane they may only get used 2x a month. Don't think I've used them in the last 2 months though. Yesterday I went to use them, opened the case and the light was flashing orange. Figured the battery drained so I plugged them in. Checked back a few hours later, still blinking orange so I just left them overnight.

Checked this morning and when I open the lid the front light is flashing orange. Read every tutorial I could find and deleted the pairing from all of my devices, reset those devices, removed/reinserted the airpods, cleaned the contact points, tried holding down the pairing button for 15 seconds (with lid open/airpods in, with lid open/airpods out, with lid closed/airpods in, and with lid closed/airpods out). None of those combinations did anything and none of my devices see or can connect to the airpods anymore. The indicator light still has a steady orange flash.

Anyone experience this and know how to fix it?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
You could try calling or chatting with Apple Support.
Did that and they couldn't help. Literally just read off the support pages from Apple's website and asked I do what I've already done to troubleshoot

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Was able to get in to see a Genius just now. They claim that one air pod didn't update firmware causing the entire headset to fail. They manually pushed the update to both headsets and all is working. The Genius stated there was nothing I could do. He figured I had one air pod in my ear or out of its case while the other was updating. I never have only one air pod in so there's no way this could have happened, but I'm glad they were able to fix it

Reactions: Ralfi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.