Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hello folks.

I recently noticed some issues with my AirPods 2, which was replaced by Apple almost 3 months ago.
I am using an iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 13.3 with jailbreak) and an AirPods 2 (without wireless charging case).

When I close the Spotify while the Airpods are connected, I see that the headphone symbol on the phone screen disappears, and I hear the disconnect sound on one of the AirPods (sometimes left - sometimes right pod), then it connects in 4-5 seconds back again.

I checked the Bluetooth the settings when this issue happens, and I see that bluetooth is like deactivating and activating itself back, once the Spotify is closed. I saw the rotating circle in the bluetooth settings after I closed the Spotify. It is like, closing the spotify triggers the bluetooth to crash.

The issue happens in each scenario: when the both AirPods are in use, when only left is in use, and when only right is in use.

I am desparate and I hope someone helps me, maybe this is a known and previously experienced issue by someone else as well. Thanks in advance.

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
EDIT:

I also noticed that the problem exists when I close an audio-sending application, i.e. YouTube, Facetime, Whatsapp call etc.

So the issue is not only with Spotify, but also occuring with other applications.
When I watch a YouTube video, if I close the app, bluetooth crashes.
When I am in a Facetime or Whatsapp call, if I end it, bluetooth crashes.

The problem is pretty weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.