Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I’ve owned my AirPods 2 since launch , and are still holding on strong other then the Mic’s not working properly now , seems to be a common issue with them..

I’m loving the design of the AirPods 3 other then the removal of tap controls which are much better then the stem controls imo.

I’m going to just wait till they are available in-store, if they were the same price as the AirPods 2 I’d of prob just bought theno problem…

$179cad vs 239cad…. $60 price increase for “better sound” and “spatial audio”… I guess I can always return if it doesn’t live up to the improved audio quality… just wish they had the tap controls!

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I’m so glad you wrote this post because I also prefer the tap over the squeeze. The tap seems easier without having to concentrate too much. I have AirPod Pros and AirPods 2s so I’ve been going back and forth for two years. I still prefer the double tap. Especially since Apple has been steadily making it easier to do. When the AirPods first came out, you had to give it a couple of pretty hard hits. Now, it only takes a couple of light taps.

But I’m also glad that the stems are a little shorter. The current length seems to be a happy medium. I also have some stemless generic Bluetooth ear buds and those are harder to get in and out because there is nothing to grab onto.

hodad66

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2021
Florida
I tried Air Pods Pro and the volume is noticibly lower with the pros. I'm old & have hearing issues
so the Air Pods work better for me & I'm sending back the Pros. I will be wondering if the Air Pods
3 are quieter also? I may have to stock up on old AirPods & YES I prefer the tap also.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I’m so glad you wrote this post because I also prefer the tap over the squeeze. The tap seems easier without having to concentrate too much. I have AirPod Pros and AirPods 2s so I’ve been going back and forth for two years. I still prefer the double tap. Especially since Apple has been steadily making it easier to do. When the AirPods first came out, you had to give it a couple of pretty hard hits. Now, it only takes a couple of light taps.

But I’m also glad that the stems are a little shorter. The current length seems to be a happy medium. I also have some stemless generic Bluetooth ear buds and those are harder to get in and out because there is nothing to grab onto.
Sucks it doesn’t have the tap but I will prob just end up using my watch and Siri over the stem controls

Reactions: MrGimper

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s the tapping destroying peoples mics. That’s why I never tap the AirPods, but tap my head near them which works just as well

JohnBrowny

Suspended
Nov 13, 2021
I use airpods 2. However, now I have a problem. In my airpods 2 the right earphone started to play quieter. I do not know what the problem is without damage. They were not in the water either. Can it be repaired at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.