Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Del Martes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
I need some input from folks in the know.

I'm currently using a pair of Airpods 2 to listen to classical music via Apple Music. I wonder whether a Homepod Mini would produce better sound?

Many thanks in advance for your input!

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
That's sort of Apples/Oranges isn't it?

If you use AP2 now, the next step would be AP3 or APP or APM, no?

Switching to speakers is just a totally different experience (HomePod Minis are pretty underwhelming on sound)

Del Martes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
That's sort of Apples/Oranges isn't it?

If you use AP2 now, the next step would be AP3 or APP or APM, no?

Switching to speakers is just a totally different experience (HomePod Minis are pretty underwhelming on sound)
IIRC, I tried Airpods Pro. Didn't like the fit and returned them. Have not tried Airpods 3, so no idea about their sound quality.

Airpods Max is clearly out of my budget.

The reason why Homepod Mini perked my interest is that I don't have to have something in my ears all the time! :)

Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
IIRC, I tried Airpods Pro. Didn't like the fit and returned them. Have not tried Airpods 3, so no idea about their sound quality.

Airpods Max is clearly out of my budget.

The reason why Homepod Mini perked my interest is that I don't have to have something in my ears all the time! :)

AP3 sound quality is a healthy notch up from AP2 (speaking from experience)

I didn't personally love the exact fit/feel of AP3, but otherwise they were awesome.
I still use AP2, but not for enjoyment of music so much

Reactions: Del Martes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.